The event will be held in two Rounds.
A maximum of 2 students per team is allowed.
Round 1: Paper Submission
The papers selected in this round will be shortlisted for the next round.
- The participants are expected to submit.
- An abstract in at most 100 words as the content of the e-mail.
- The paper in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org on/before deadline 1, i.e. 05th November, 09. The paper should be in: IEEE single column-journal format.
- Subject of the mail to be sent should follow the format:< Paper Presentation – Paper Code>
- An Email will be sent confirming the selection of the paper.
- The decision of the judges shall be treated as final and binding on all.
Round 2: Presentation
The short listed participants who are eligible to present their paper in Round-2 will be intimated through e-mail and this list of finalists will also be put up on this website by deadline-2 i.e. 25th December. They would have to send replies confirming their participation by deadline 3 i.e. 5th January, ‘09.
Presentations should be in power point presentation. Microsoft Office 2003 / 2007
For the presentation a LCD projector, a computer and a mike will be provided.
Each team will be allotted 10 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for question/answer.
Any extension in the allotted time may result in the loss of points.
The participants should bring their presentation on CD/USB drive along with 2 hard copies for the judges.
Judging will be on a basis of 100 points, as follows:
Round 1: Scientific Paper (50)
- Choice of Topic (5)
- Technical Content (30)
- Grammar and Spelling (5)
- Paper Appearance and format (10)
Round 2: Presentation (50)
- Content (20)
- Quality of Presentation (10)
- Speaking Skills (5)
- Question and Answer (15)
- The papers should be original. Plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- If any of the rules given above are breached by any participant, the judging panel reserves the rights to disqualify the participant team.
- The organizers reserve the right to change the rules of the event at any time and will do their best to update the contestants of the same. However it is the responsibility of the participants to keep themselves updated.
For any queries please contact:
Nikita Mishra (+ 91 9734429438)
General Secretary Colloquium,
Department of Mathematics, IIT Kharagpur